Before You ApplyAll students must complete a scholarship application form. Please read the following two sections ‘Eligibility Criteria’ and ‘Conditions of the Grant’ before you submit your application form.
Please read the eligibility criteria below carefully to ensure that you are eligible for a grant before applying:
- The Trust only supports candidates for post-graduate study as part of an existing collaborative grain legume crop improvement project that is already being funded by the Trust.
- The Trust only supports applicants looking for post-graduate research funding.
- The Trust only supports post-graduate study on grain legume crop improvement and where the research proposed is relevant to the research interests of the student's country of origin. The Trust will require confirmation that the programme of study is relevant to the needs of the applicant's country of origin.
- if any part of the students' study involves travel to a foreign country (perhaps for training), then candidates must be able to demonstrate that they will return to their country of origin upon completion of their post-graduate study. This means that there needs to be an arrangement in place with an institute in the country of origin; it could be that the applicant will be either on secondment / study leave from their place of employment, or has a clear offer of an appointment upon completion of their studies.
- The Trust will only accept applications if there is sufficient evidence to suggest that a supervisor is willing to accept him / her as their student.
Upon approval of a scholarship grant from the Trust, the following conditions will apply:
- Support will normally be for a maximum of three years.
- If the scholarship enables the candidate to study at an institution based abroad, the Trust will pay:
- the institution's fees, and
- reasonable relocation expenses (if necessary) at the beginning and end of the study period (such as flights).
- If the scholarship holder has the opportunity to travel abroad (perhaps for training), as part of the post-graduate study, the candidate should book only economy class travel with an airline or reputable travel agent. The Trust will pay the costs of travel directly to the airline or travel agent via international bank transfer.
- A maintenance allowance, including accommodation expenses will be paid to the value recommended by the institution.
- The Trust requires regular annual reporting on a student's progress by both the supervisor(s) and the student. All student and supervisor report forms are available by clicking on this link.
How to Apply
- The applicant should submit the following documentation:
- The completed application form, in full. Missing or incomplete information will result in the application being rejected, or the form being returned to the candidate.
- Evidence that the post-graduate study is of clear benefit to the applicant's country of origin / residence.
- Evidence to suggest that the applicant will return to their country of origin upon completion of their post-graduate study, if applicable (please refer to the "Eligibility Criteria" section above).
- A copy of their CV.